Wendy houses and play forts with slides
Slides are great fun for kids and climbing is a natural pushing of boundaries as kids challenge themselves to go outside their comfort zone. So why not look into wendy houses that combine some of these fun things together with play forts and slides!
(Affiliate linking in our posts - what's this mean?) Disclaimer - on bigger play houses it is imperative to supervise your child and read manufacturer's instructions properly. Kids' Wendy Houses has no control over third party manufacturing.
A behemoth adventure set for your kids! Outdoors play indeed, this has a slide, swings, monkey bars, tower fort, ladder with climbing wall holds and a little picnic seat with an awning for when they're tired. Which they will become pretty quickly with this set, by the looks of it. Will last them a good long while and will be suitable from small kid (3ish) to bigger (12ish) - and that's a good whack of value for money. Think about safety matting and supervision, especially if kids decide to use the monkey bars and swings at the same time!
- Independent safety tested, seller has good feedback reviews.
- Delivered as a flat pack kit, you're going to need some friends or family to help assemble it as it is enormous. Drills, hammer, screwdrivers, a spirit level, stepladder, tape measure required to assemble.
- Unpacked Size: 4400mm (14'5") wide x 3250mm (10'8") deep x 2650mm (8'8") high (approx) 1.2m (4') high Platform. No info on flatpack size.
- Tower, Slide, 2 swings, monkey bars, climbing wall/ladder, picnic table, ground anchors.
- aged 3-14, up to a maximum of 50kg per child and up to a maximum of 5 children at a time.
- 10 YEAR GUARANTEE* on timber- Long lasting PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER
- Delivery cost stated for Mainland England and Wales only, other areas may be possible but with extra charge. Check out the seller info.
A little more bijou (but absolutely adorbs) is this wooden tower playhouse with wavy slide. I would have given my right arm for one of these growing up. It has a nice wendy house to hide away in, but has an outdoor play area as well. A couple of safety mats might not go astray, however.
- 12mm shiplap cladding, felt roof. No info if timber is treated.
- Meets EN71 safety standards.
- NB does not come painted - which means you have more colour choices, but you will have to buy the paint as well. See the bottom of this post for some links for paint and safety matting.
- Delivery is to UK mainland except certain postcodes which may incur an extra surcharge (e.g. Scottish highlands etc). Can also deliver to Ireland and Channel Islands with even further surcharging.
- Unpacked size: 8x7 feet with a height of 8 feet 9 inches. No info on the packed size.
This German-manufactured playhouse is the bee's knees when it comes to features. You can also choose from 4 different configurations, which change the price, but on the plus side you will have a wendy house that will rival most public parks' offerings! It has a cargo net for clambering, a slide, rope and ramp, slidy pole, and a telescope. Yes, you read that right, a built in telescope! Plus extensions that can have swings, more towers and cargo nets, etc. Looks like you could also have a sandpit underneath if you wanted.
- Free UK delivery
- No dimensions found, but let's face it - huge. You'd better have a big garden.
- Untreated, solid wood.
- Slide 3,00 m, climbing net, telescope, climbing pole, safety handles, climbing wall, zig zag ramp and knotted rope, wendy house with doorway (but no door) and window
Other useful links
When thinking about a wendy house, you need to take into account a lot of factors, especially if you're investing a few hundred quid. You can save yourself a lot of heartache by following our simple wendy house guide.